Friday, February 6, 2009

ADVANCED SKILLS FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Hi Everyone,

At Weight Watchers we are dedicated to a lasting weight loss. This means as we follow the program our needs change. At first we are all looking for a weight loss, and we are excited when we get it. We think about eating the foods that will help to make it happen, and we perhaps do not eat some foods that we really like because we find them hard to control.

As time goes on we miss those foods that we really loved. We realize that we don't want to live forever without them. Maybe we need to control portion size and how often we eat them, but we need to learn to fit them in. The same goes for restaurant eating. At first we might not want to eat in a restaurant because we are not sure how to count the food - so we eat at home more. Then, as life happens we want to eat out with friends and family so we do not feel deprived. Our needs change.

Weight watchers is about keeping the weight off - I lost 37 pounds 20 years ago. At first I was only concerned with what I lost each week. But, as time went on I needed to learn to live my life. I started by focusing on my favorite foods and how I could fit them into my program. I did not need to eat them all in one day and then "pretend" I was only going to eat "weight watcher" foods from then on. I learned to use portion control with positive self talk - I can eat again tomorrow when I will have a new daily points target. I can plan in a treat this week using my 35 points and then a different one next week.

Weight Watchers' advanced skills, helpful habits and tools for living sure did help. At the meetings I asked questions, brought up my challenges and got lots of info from other members. Tips and ideas that I still use today. I truly believe the meetings are the magic.

How about some shrimp this week?

SAUTEED SHRIMP
4 servings - points value 3

1 spray olive oil cooking spray
2 tsp olive oil
1 pound shrimp
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp no salt lemon herb seasoning
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp parsley

1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat; add oil and heat. Add shrimp and saute 1 minute.

2. Add lemon juice, lemon herb seasoning, salt and pepper; stir to coat shrimp. Saute until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Yields about 3 ounces of shrimp per serving.

See you at the meeting!!!

Lorraine

No comments: