Sunday, September 14, 2008

LOSE FOR GOOD - WEEK ONE

Hi Everyone!

The first week of the Lose for Good campaign was very successful in all of my meetings. The total weight lose for my 13 meeting was 551.4 lbs. WOW!!!!

Some of my meetings have decided to have a food drive of our own. They are contributing their weight loss in food - a pound for a pound - just as Weight Watchers corporation is. This food will be donated to a local food bank. Any member willing to drop off food at a local food back should let me know.


This week our meetings are going to focus on one of the most important things we can do for ourselves and that is to be positive. Remember that little engine that could - he kept repeating "I think I can, I think I can." We love that book for our children because we know that they need confidence in themselves, we forget that we need confidence in ourselves also. So many times we have that negative conversation in our heads - it's too hard, others need me to make and eat certain things, I need will power. The conversation we need to have is not why it won't work but how can I make this happen. How can I keep my eating in control. How can I stay with the food plan. When we start asking "how" we start coming up with solutions.

This week I want you to keep asking yourself - How can I make my dream come true? What needs to happen in my life for me to lose weight and keep it off.

Remember - "The difference between fat and fit is "I"
- author unknown

Here's a recipe to try:

Mustard Glazed Pork Chops

4 (6 ounce) bone in center cut port chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard

1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add pork, cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.

2. Add wine, honey and mustard to pan and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes.

3. Add pork; reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes, turning pork chops after 6 minutes.

4 serving - 1 pork chop plus 3 TBL sauce - 7 points each

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good recipe. I might even be able to adapt it to the crock pot. Boneless pork chops come out so good and tender in the crock pot.

I had a pumpkin vitamuffin hot out of the oven tonight with a "dollop" of Cool Whip. Yummy.

See You Saturday!!!

Shebear29 said...

Amazing that something as simple as being positive can be so difficult for most of us. You do a great job of finding something positive even when people are down. I think that makes a huge difference.

debcapecod said...

Joanharvest,
Did you try this in the crock pot? Please share!